How does bioretention work?
Stormwater is collected and enters from a drain lead. As the water enters the planter, the vegetation, gravel and bioretention media filters pollution and heavy metals. The sealed planter allows temporary ponding of stormwater runoff before the water passes through to the drain into the stormwater system.
- Lightweight precast concrete planter (sealed with TourneSeal) or steel planter with waterproof sealant.
- Vegetation filters and transpires water.
- Drain lead from roof.
- Scoop between ganged planters increase surface area
- Domed riser provides positive overflow.
- Bioretention media.
- Gravel/stone water storage.
- Drains to sewer or stormwater system.
Note: Bioretention systems are designed to compliment our Wilshire Collection
. We can match planters by color & shape with complimentary benches & site furnishings. This customizable solution can fit many applications – just ask your Tournesol salesperson for information.